Friday, September 08, 2006

The Shrinking Corner..

Difficult to resist the shrink pun. After all, it has helped me through quite a few dinner conversations in the first year of shrinking.. or shrink-ship.
Anyway, here is where I introduce, to my ever increasing readers(i'm trying the laugh-track psychology), the section on the blog devoted to snippets from the madhouse. Like one of my severe OCD patients who decided to get married to a man with failing kidneys and are blissful in their expectably difficult and possibly short nuptial life. Sometimes the cynic garb falls away, and I have to admit that life is really beautiful. And then again we have our paranoid senior resident who is ever-increasingly aware of the fact that his rounds notes get written before his rounds(thank you sir humphrey..), and now has taken to giving us short chits with his diagnoses. But we are grateful to nature for having provided him with a short attention span which amply protects us against his wrath on the next week rounds. And then there is the politically incorrect manic lady in the closed ward who has decided that my Hindu name is unbecoming and bestowed me with an appropriate christian one.

more later..

Back to some cribbing about workouts. Difficult to resist the topic, since my instructor has chanced upon some nice and rounded fat deposits which I was nurturing with tender loving care, and thrice weekly chocolate ice cream; and bang goes my dinner. Think i've come to realize that if I have to give up chocolate to look good, it'd be a serious distortion of priorities. And downright madness.. Boyfriends can raise their eyebrows, but the hedonistic lobes of my brain might just hemorrhage and die. Shrink up probably.

osho

No comments: