Wednesday, February 21, 2007

breeze from the past..

And we're back. After a long dry spell. Of travails and frustrations i've cribbed unto eternity. so, there will be no more of it.

Except for this small frustration with installing my new phone software onto my computer. All this while I have strictly maintained that windows is a good compromise between the do-it-all-from-scratch Linux type systems and a everything-taken-care-of-gramdmom type OsXs and tigers. But it is at these times that one is forced to admit that it is jus so much more easier to be pampered with a mac. Then again, that would have to wait for another earning decade. Yes, it is slow for us doctors. Eternal penury, happiness in service etc etc. Largely quite a happy scene. It is when it crosses over to servitude that we have problems with it.

Suffice it to say that the last few months have been an immense growing up experience.
These days i look at the creases on an old woman's face, woven with time and effort, and wonder how early she must have realized all these in life. About relationships, self and such. About adolescent boys who give up school and work early.

And about how easy it is to forget all that u learn. And how scary it is to consider the possibility of learning it again through a sad and traumatizing incident.

hail, our infidel memory..

osho.

1 comment:

Prav said...

I have always wanted to own a mac myself considering the fact that everything is taken care of.. But I have somehow always derived a "you think you are smart, i am smarter" kind of happiness whenever I succeed in teaching something to my Linux based computer. :)

With Linux becoming more ready to use over the years,(www.opensuse.org) I can see a day very soon where that weird satisfaction will also be taken away from me...:)